I hope you’ve had a fabulous festive season and wish you all the very best for 2019. May it be full of love and happiness, passion, purpose, and excitement too.
Upon reflection, 2018 was an awesome year. Some of the highlights included:
- Receiving life lessons about boundaries and, in turn, being kinder to myself
- Stretching myself by venturing into unchartered waters – and surviving!
- Giving my first ever talk at The Best You Expo in London
- Walking part of the Camino de Santiago
- Relaxing on a yoga retreat in Turkey
- Connecting with new people and making new friends who share my values
- Embracing the wonder of Bumble – for the uninitiated, it’s a dating app – eek!
- Launching my new website: SarahJNaylor.com
- Expanding my recruitment agency and dealing with GDPR!
- Learning more in relation to staff management
- Getting a greater understanding of business and personal finances
- Decluttering my home – hurrah – and transforming my living room then getting plans and finances together for a new kitchen in 2019!
- Registering and completing my first five Park Runs
- Registering to support Marine Conservation and booking my first Beach Clean
- Dropping 2 stone following a cleanse and changing my eating habits
- Becoming a Professional Member of the Public Speaking Association
- Making ‘Loose Lady’ appearances on the Mark Dennison Show on BBC Radio Nottingham
2019 looks set to be even better – after all, with the right mindset ANYTHING is possible.
Life passes us by so quickly that it’s easy to forget what we have undertaken and achieved throughout the year. I know that my list is only a snapshot of what I have been busy doing and it has helped me to understand why I needed to stop over the festive season!
Time out is important to take stock and to just breathe, and I certainly felt that I was able recharge and reset and prepare myself for 2019.
- Take time out to simply stop and breathe
- Reflect and congratulate yourself on all that you have achieved; daily, weekly, monthly and / or at the end of the year
- Celebrate all that learning and wisdom you’ve gained
- Be grateful and thankful